June 17 - June 22, 2018
#Sweatcation :: #getFIT787
Nashville to Rincon: getFIT615 becomes getFIT787 for a week on our 2nd annual SweatCation!
Vacations are good for the soul, and so is supporting your neighbors. Join us as we wake up by the beach, sweat at the beach, hike through waterfalls and get to know each other in an absolutely stunning setting: Rincon, Puerto Rico. Kate will lead a short getFIT615 workout every day, and a few slow and juicy yoga practices throughout the week. Of course we’ll be making time for group discussions about life, but the most important part of this trip is to have fun and enjoy each other. As always, exercise and yoga is simply a practice: you don’t have to be “good,” you just have to show up and have fun. This year, we are excited to add a day of service too. More details will come regarding our service day as we get closer to our trip and are able to evaluate how we can assist the community the most.
The workouts will be a mix of interval body weight classes and yoga practices, and they will be open to all levels of fitness.
In between workouts, we will have plenty of time to relax on the beach and take part in local activities and excursions including stand-up paddle boarding, surfing, and hiking to - and through - waterfalls. Plus, one day of the retreat will be dedicated to giving back - more info coming soon!
- 6 days / 5 nights accommodations at a private beachfront villa at Tres Palmas Villas
- 1-2 workouts per day ranging from interval training to yoga
- Most meals included and prepared by a private chef or at local restaurants
- Day of service (more details coming soon)
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Horseback riding excursion on the beach
- Waterfall adventure (hiking, swimming)
- Snorkeling in the bioluminescent bay
- Optional add ons: surfing & massage
We will be staying at a private villa (or two) at Tres Palmas in Rincon, Puerto Rico! The main house is a 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom villa that accommodates 12 people. We will be able to enjoy amazing sunsets as we relax by our private swimming pool or relax on the ocean view terrace! The house has an open floor plan with the living room area, kitchen and dining area all in one room. Each bedroom has A/C and a ceiling fan. We will be walking distance from a number of local restaurants and even a juice bar, and the location couldn't be better with a beautiful beach at our doorstep.
Sample itinerary (subject to change):
Sunday, June 17:
- Bienvenidos a Puerto Rico! After arriving in San Juan, you'll have a 2.5-3 hour drive to Rincon where a chef-prepared dinner will be cooking as you walk in. A casual introductory meeting will break the ice, and then eat a welcome dinner and talk about goals for the trip.
Monday, June 18:
- Today will start and end with a workout and/or workshop or discussion, but it is your free day to rest up after your travel day, go for a hike/walk, enjoy a massage, or just relax on the beach! Optional activities include surfing, more paddle boarding, and exploring the small town. In the evening, we'll have dinner served by our chef at the house and an option for a sunset walk on the beach.
Tuesday, June 19:
- We’ll wake up to a workout and delicious breakfast. After some free time to digest and relax, we’ll go stand-up paddle boarding, grab a light lunch, and spend the afternoon giving back on our day of service (more details coming soon). Dinner will be back at the villa, dropped off by our chef.
Wednesday, June 20:
- We'll start the day with a workout and breakfast and then enjoy some free time until the exciting evening activity: snorkeling in a bioluminescent bay! We'll be picked up and dropped off at the house, fed some empanadas, and taken to La Parguera where we will sail to the bio bay. Once we arrive, we'll have about an hour to swim and snorkel in the magical waters.
Thursday, June 21:
- This morning will kick off with an early workout on the beach followed by a light breakfast and one of the highlights of the trip: horseback riding along the beach! We’ll be sure to do a serious stretch after the ride, and then the rest of the day is yours to enjoy! In the evening, we'll explore crafts from local artisans at the weekly Art Walk and then enjoy dinner at a local restaurant of your choosing (not included).
Friday, June 22:
- Our final morning already?! We will enjoy a farewell workout and meditation, followed by a chef-prepared breakfast and a few final hours to soak up the sun. Then we’ll travel back to the airport and head home refreshed, reinvigorated, and inspired!
Early bird special:
- $1,650 per person
- $500 nonrefundable deposit
- Airfare and rental cars not included