Today I quit my job. I quit the 8 hour desk days. I quit the rush hour traffic. I quit the bi-weekly paycheck. I quit the same-old-shit-different-days. And when I told my boss he said, "we knew it was coming. You're too young not to be happy and it's ok that this doesn't make you happy." It's rare that folks have that reaction when an employee leaves, but I'm so blessed to be able to tell my story that way.
So here's to the next two weeks in an office practicing my handstands on the wall and deleting 3 email accounts from my personal computer!
For those of you wondering, "what's coming up next?!" I'm stoked to say that I'm opening up a GetFit615 Location... but more details on that coming soon!
Anyway, everyone likes lists. So here's a few reasons that I just can't wait for the future.
- I can't wait to have a sore ass from moving all day instead of sitting all day
- I can't wait to dictate my own schedule
- I can't wait to not wear shoes all the time
- I can't wait for it to be acceptable for me to wear my workout gear all day (I do that now, but it's not technically appropriate)
- I can't wait to look forward to my mornings
- I can't wait to know that I'm really helping and inspiring other people
- I can't wait to want to grow, all the while staying right where I am
- I can't wait to take my heart and my passion out into the world
- I can't wait to become a part of a community that my heart gravitates towards
- I can't wait to sweat more than just once per day
- I can't wait for it to be appropriate that I practice FLOYo at ANY TIME throughout the day
- I can't wait to turn my phone off
- I can't wait for my passion to reignite
So because of those things (and so so many more things), today I quit my job.